Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sparta Police Internship Week 4 (5/28-6/1)

I had off on Monday because of Memorial Day. On Wednesday I was once again with the detectives and it was a pretty quiet day. The detectives were waiting on calls about a 30,000$ fraud complaint. There has been many complaints of fraud over the past few weeks most notably from the town Burger King so I wen't with Detective Hannam and took license plates to see who was working there and run their plates. What I had learned today was that it takes a lot of time and thinking to solve a case particularly this fraud case because it's a lot of phone calls and thinking, and a lot of them lead to dead ends and sometimes they are passed off to the United States Secret Service. It's not like on television where you solve a case on a day and move on to the next one, sometimes it takes weeks or months to solve a case and many cases are put to the side for more critical cases that come in. On Friday I had to work a golf outing held by the Police Department which I had to prep the area with the help of Detective Mullegen and other officers.

No comments:

Post a Comment