Monday, July 2, 2012

Sparta Police Internship Final Week (6/25-6/29)

This was my final week as an intern with the Sparta Police Department. On monday I went with Cpl. Takacs to the Department's firing range to shoot some guns. This was my first time shooting a gun so Cpl. Takacs instructed me how to load a gun, how to stand, how to load and reload, and when a gun is hot or not. I was able to shoot a pistol, shotgun, and a sub. It was a great experience because I had never shot a gun before so I thought it'd be a lot more complicated than it was. On my last day I rode with Officer Carbery and it was a quiet day overall. i expalined that even after i was done interning I'd still like to come into the department every so often for the rest of my summer and ride along with patrol some more and work with the detectives. Overall I have enjoyed my experience interning with the Sparta Police Department and my time here has given me vauable experience and insight into feild of police work.

No comments:

Post a Comment